Vastu questions answered here

Hello Friend,

It’s been long now. But I have lots to share. Today, we are going to see some of the most common queries we have about Vastu.

The most commonly question people have asked me is “Is Vastu Sastra the science of architecture?”

My views with the knowledge imparted by Devi Saraswati, my teachers and what I have experienced is Vastu Sastra is the science of architecture but also is all about the science of Cosmology, Astronomy, Metaphysics, Geography and Geology.

Let me elaborate. When we look at it with respect to the Cosmological aspect, in the immense universe, apart from the Earth we live in, there are many Solar Systems apart from our solar system affecting the lives on Earth. It is also observed in texts of the Ayadi Shadvarga about the construction of the holy places like Temples and Residences.

The great Brihat Samhita of Varamihira also talks in the text about Vastu Sastra. It says : “ I will now explain for the happiness of the astronomers and astrologers the science of architecture that has come down from Brahma through a steady line of intellectuals.”

To understand the metaphysical aspect, best can be made very clear if we can understand Vastu Purusha Mandala. The Mandala symbolizes the metaphysical principle of the all-encompassing celestial principles.

Geographical and Geological facets of Vastu Sastra are involved in the study of topography of the land and its surrounding before purchasing the land apart from the external universe including rivers, sea, mountains, continents, stars, planets. It also involves the interrogation of soil which involves sound, touch, smell, taste and color highlight the geological aspects of this great science.

The other most commonly asked question is “Can you provide some guidelines to find a suitable site for building my house?

From all possible texts I have read, they tell us that the natural flow of the land should be to the East, North and/or North-east. The Samarangana Sutradhara clearly tells us that the land slanting towards the direction presided over by Varuna (West), Yama (South), Marut (North-west), Agni (South-east) and that which is depressed in the brahmasthana (middle) is extremely bad and unfit for living. There are certain sufferings identified due to the downslide. The below table demonstrate the same.

Downslide

Suffering from

South-east

Fear of fire

South

Fear from ill-health, insanity and death

South-west

Ailments resulting in chronic disorders

West

Loss of peace, wealth and prosperity

North-west

Foreign residence, family quarrels and ailments.

Poverty and disintegration is generally observed due to depression or hollowness in the middle.

Health and wealth is attracted with elevation in the middle and declivity towards the east, north and north-east.

happiness and contentment comes with depression in the borders of all the four sides.

24 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I would like to ask a simple question. what does mean by North facing main door ? Does it mean that when I open the door , I face a North direction and my back at the same time face South ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jigar, it seems your question is yet to be replied, so here is the answer: Exactly north facing door means, when you open the door you should face the North Nothing else.

      Delete
  2. wht does mean by north face main door? Does it mean that when I open my front door,while entering into my house, I see north direction and my back at the same time faces south ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you are in the house and see the door, you face north. That is north facing.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  3. I have designed my floor plan on my own with all the vastu i know from many ppls like you. Can you look in to that plan and help me further to change.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sujata,

    I apologise for the delay in replying to you as I was busy with some project deadlines. Why don't you mail me your queries on manisha.d.joshi@gmail.com as I also take up distance consultation.
    Wish you success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog posting and very useful,thank you so much for sharing this post.


    online shopping of acupressure
    online shopping of vastu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the motivation.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  6. hai manisha ji
    i have a west facing plot where i want to construct a smmall house of 650 sq ft cud u please send me a ready made plan for the same at the earliest plese.....
    thanking u in anticipacion......k acharya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  7. Madam iam living in kerala and i want you to consult my house.As my parents are abroad i need some king of changes in my house inorder to keep the calmness and wealth stable. my house has been constructed 20 years back and from the time it was built our house didnt give us any good happiness or joy
    pls contact us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you for the motivation.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  9. which facing house suitable for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is to be decided based on your date of birth.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  10. Informative blog.....
    One of essential and unforgettable component for house or any other place is vastu. It plays vital role in bringing all positive energies at your place along with removing negativity of the place. Get best vastu services in jaipur by vastu expert acharya Anupam Jolly. He is known for providing vastu tips without demolition.

    Keep blogging....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the motivation.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  11. Informative Blog. For any other vastu tips or consultations, contact vastu expert in jaipur. He will guide you in better possible way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the motivation.

      I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  12. Hi

    I am planning to buy a land for house. The main entrance of the house is west facing. It means door of house is at west near the road. When I enter the house my face is towards East and back is towards west. Entrance of the house is adjacent to the road. Please advice it is auspicious or not??
    Prettygoyal15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

      Delete
  13. I have started my new website for Vastu for Home and alternative healing approaches- www.alternatehealing.com Request you to forward tour queries on my new website.

    ReplyDelete